I know it’s been a while since my last post. I swear it’s not you, it’s me. Finding the time and energy to blog since baby girl #3 has been more than a challenge for me. So, I am saying farewell for a little while. Thank you all for following me, reading, commenting, supporting and sharing my blog posts – I love being able to communicate with you! I will definitely be back, most likely when I’m busting at the seams to share a new beauty find with you! But for now I am focusing on family.
In fact, 2014 is all about making more time – time for my fitness goals, time for organizing my closet, time for playing with my kids and going on dates with my husband, time for reading books and time for learning how to cook more! I am excited about this year and I love watching my girls blossom. I want to be stronger physically and mentally so I can be the best role model for them. I want to go back to basics as much as I can – with less crap in my food, and less technology in my face. I want to enjoy the moments more with my kids and husband.
And so without further adieu, here it is in writing – my 2014 goals:
1) “Unplug” on Sundays for more family time
2) Re-commit my fitness goals of working out 5 days per week, incorporate 1 day of yoga or stretching per week, be more active with my family for hikes, walks, biking trips
3) Learn how to cook more dishes and healthier versions of favorites (like chicken parm!)
4) Read more. 1 book per month…and NO magazines like US Weekly or Allure do not count
5) Play more with my kids. nuff said
6) Plan at least 2 date nights per month with my husband
7) Budget better. Try to use the cash system more instead of debit card. Let’s face it, debit cards are scary with all the recent fraud and security breaches!
I’m not saying I’m quitting social media entirely. But the likelihood of me sitting down for hours at a time to crank out a few blog posts again is very slim. And while I truly do love sharing ideas and awesome finds with all of you, it takes so much time away from my family. Since it’s not paying the bills, I just can’t justify that much of a time suck. I will still be on instagram and facebook, so I would love if you followed me there to see what I’m up to or my latest beauty or fashion find. It’s much quicker to snap a photo and share in an instant!
What are your goals this year?